Thursday, August 18, 2011

So long, Summer!


The last time I posted was at the beginning of June. It is now near the end of August. I know, I know... there are three months missing! What is going on?

I've been a little busy... that's all.

For starters, I've been working almost nonstop since school ended last semester. There have been a lot of personnel changes at my job, and it's been crazy keeping up with everything that is now different than it was. There are lots of new people to train, and lots of old ones to deal with (you know who you are!).

I've also been busy working on the wedding! 142 days to go, and boy, is it going by fast! It's almost down to four months left of this craziness!

What have I done?

Matthew and I have almost finished all the "big" things that we need to plan. A few weeks ago, I took my bridesmaids dress shopping, and I picked out their dress. Let me tell you, I have the absolute BEST bridesmaids EVER! For one, they were all sweet enough to show up to try the dress on at the same time. A special thank you to my sister-in-law Sarah who came all the way down from Minneapolis to go with us! Second, my girls are the best because they all told me they liked the dress... which was a big relief! Third, we were in and out of the store within an hour! It was the most pain-less dress shopping experience of my life... I am blessed to have such wonderful girls standing up with me!

Here are all my beautiful ladies trying on some dresses:


My gorgeous maid of honor, Abigail!



This week, Matthew and I also finalized our guest list (I think!). That's a big relief! Now we just need to compile addresses....

Finally, this week, Matthew and I started our registries! It was so much fun going into the stores and picking out the things for our future home. Also, the gifts and coupons that we got for setting the registry up wasn't bad either!

Here is Matthew having fun with the registry gun:




On Sunday, we are going to go pick out the suits/tuxes for the guys, and help Matthew figure out what he wants to wear!

Also this week, I hopefully will be able to finalize what I want to do with the centerpieces for the tables. I'm working on a vase situation (will they be big enough for what I want?!), and I'll keep you posted.

That's all for now... I promise that my updates won't be so far apart from now on! The big day is coming up soon!


0 comments: