Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Can I be honest?

Oh my goodness... we are 17 days away from the wedding! I still can't get over how close it really is! I'm really starting to geek out about it!

But can we pause for just a moment while I'm being completely honest?



Thanks.


Ok, here goes. I really hate it when people ask me if I am stressed about the wedding. No offense to all y'all who have asked me, but it's a REALLY STUPID QUESTION!

"Why?" you may ask.

Well, because when you ask me that question, I want to smack you on the forehead and say "No duh!"

Not only have I had the MOST STRESSFUL semester in college EVER, but I also am planning the wedding of the decade (not counting the prince and Kate).

I was student teaching. I had my own classes to attend every night. I worked on weekends. And I had a wedding to plan.

You tell me if you think I should be stressed or not.

I mean really, if I wasn't stressed about it, there might be something wrong with me. Stress can be good. Stress (and about a zillion cups of coffee) has been what helped me make it through the past four months of H-E-double-hockey-sticks!

So when you ask me, "Hey, do you have everything done?", my answer will always be NO. I probably won't have things done even after the wedding is over. That's just the way life is.

I don't say this to be mean, but I'm just getting very tired of that question. It's like when we first got engaged and everyone asked the question, "So, have you two picked out a date yet?"

"Yes. But I'm not going to tell you!" is what I really wanted to answer. So I'd say, "Oh, not yet!"

These are honest thoughts from an honest, and stressed-out, bride.



Thanks for allowing me to be completely honest. Pause is officially over.

0 comments: